We’ve been in the business of creating custom designed web sites since 2002 (ish) and we are looking to expand our team by one (possibly two) remote, part-time designer/developers. If you are interested in building custom web sites and making a decent income from doing so – this opportunity may be of great interest to you! Our projects will challenge you and if you’re up for it – then we’re up for talking with you!
Here’s the down and dirty:
- Documented experience in graphic design and web development
- Experience with WordPress is a must (Expression Engine, Movable Type, Typepad skills are nice, too, if you have ‘em)
- HTML/CSS knowledge is a must
- Good communication skills.
- Excellent time management. Ability to work on a deadline
- While the number one qualification for this opening is a strong sense of design (aesthetics) along with strong web skills, we’re also looking for individuals with great critical thinking skills, a good work ethic and customer service skills.
- We run shop like a consultancy, which means you need to know your stuff- and their stuff (whoever they may be).
- Do you have references from folks you’ve worked with in the past on web projects?? I’d LOVE to hear ‘em!
- Maybe an online portfolio of work or client sites you can point me to so I can see your work in action? (screenshots are nice, but I like to dig a bit more beyond the pretty, ya know)
Types of Projects we’re doing lately:
- WordPress web sites, mainly (some with and some without a blog) for small and large business, multisite networks, social communities and lots of social media integration.
- WordPress with E-Commerce (Cart66, Shopp or WP E-Commerce experience greatly appreciated!)
- WordPress MultiSite (and BuddyPress)
- Membership sites with WordPress
- (…do you get a feeling that we do a LOT of WordPress sites??? we do!)
- Your home because this is remote work – how cool is THAT?
- In your pajamas, if you like
- This is part time work
We’re looking for someone who
- Thinks design is about solving problems, not making them
- Likes to have a lot of fun tinkering around inside the guts of a blog
- Gets more kicks out of removing elements from a page than adding them
- Wants to learn, push themselves, and make the web a better place to be!
- Wouldn’t mind making a few extra $$’s doing something they love! How much, you say? Well, why not apply and find out (hint: we ain’t talking about coffee money here!)
If you’re interested – you can apply using this form only (any other method of application will most likely get overlooked – - so don’t try to DM on Twitter or send a message on Facebook — please use this form only.)
I give each application consideration – but please do be patient as I go through all of the applications received. I will read them all and will be contacting you within the next week, or two. Thank you!